- The laziest animal in the world is the koala. They sleep for around 20 hours a day! That sounds like a relaxed life!
- A tricolour (or calico) cat is almost always female. They are often called lucky cats (they should bring us luck!). Read more about cats here!
- Cockroaches have been around for a very long time – even before the dinosaurs.
- Flying forwards and backwards – that’s no problem for honeybees and bumblebees.
- The color of the skin of an adult polar bear is, surprisingly, black.
Learn more about...
bears, guinea pigs, pigs and dogs
- A chameleon catches its prey with its tongue – which is about twice as long as its body.
- In order to recognize each other, squirrels kiss when they encounter.
- There are studies that show cows produce more milk when they listen to quiet music. Get more facts about dairy cattle here!
- Horses like to drink and drink and drink: on average, a horse drinks up to 30-60 litres of water a day.