FOUR PAWS is an international animal welfare organization with its headquarters based in Vienna, Austria and its U.S. office based in Boston, MA. Currently, FOUR PAWS has offices in 12 countries. Founded by Heli Dungler in 1988, the organization strives to help animals in need with sustainable campaigns and projects. FOUR PAWS focuses on animals that are directly under human influence, including farm animals, companion animals and wild animals, suffering in inappropriate conditions.
FOUR PAWS USA is looking for an Executive Director or "Country Director" for its Boston, MA office. Reporting to the Board of Directors and supported by the Vienna-Austria HQ, the Country Director (CD) will have overall operational responsibility for FOUR PAWS staff, compliance, fundraising and execution of its mission. Responsibilities include the following:
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain the FOUR PAWS team
- Execute a national development plan, recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Design the national expansion and complete the strategic business planning process
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities such as donor development, major giving, bequests and corporate fundraising, to support existing program operations and FOUR PAWS International projects
- Secure ongoing program excellence, engage partnering organizations, and contributors
- Work in collaboration with HQ in Vienna-Austria to execute fundraising operations as well as the national communications strategy
- Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal legislation maintaining the organization's 501(c)3 status
- Review and implement State regulations on employment and Federal regulations
- Execute contracts with all FOUR PAWS International vendors and service providers
- Prepare and manage the annual audit
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
- Build partnerships exploring new markets, establishing relationships with service providers, funders, and fellow non-profits in the field
- Be an external local and national presence who publishes and communicates program results with emphasis on the campaigns and successes of FOUR PAWS.
- The ideal candidate has worked a minimum of 5 years in the non-profit sector and will be thoroughly committed to the FOUR PAWS International mission and have great affinity with animal welfare and FOUR PAWS values.
- All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience in non-profits.
- Advanced degree, ideally an MBA, with at least 5 years of senior management experience;
- Excellence in fundraising programs, rigorous evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, communication and systems
- Track record of effectively leading and expanding a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff;
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth;
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget;
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience;
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people;
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning and multidisciplinary project skills;
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed;
- Willingness and ability to travel abroad;
- Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
What we offer:
- A dynamic and challenging working environment with a high level of inspiration and dedication and a motivated team
- National and international travel
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and extended PTO
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume/CV to: email@example.com
We at FOUR PAWS are looking forward to hearing from you!